PDA

View Full Version : Gain as a RTAS plug?

Gods Mistake
12-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Is this a futile request? I messed around with a gabba loop and put audiosuite gain on harshly, and it sounded great (to me) - but it left me thinking if I wanted to use it extensively in a mix (I know many would throw up right about now), a lot of audiosuite work has to be done. Has this ever been mooted? I would hardly ever use it really, but it would be a handy inclusion. Are there any (cheap) RTAS gain/distortion plugs around?
Actually, when Pluggo comes to OSX my problem would be solved...maybe.

Matt Whritenour
12-18-2003, 05:09 PM
try this...

there is a trim plugin that can boost ur audio by like 6dB
or u can put on a compressor have like a 1:1 RATIO
AND take down ur threshold so that it doesnt compress at all
and then u can set the gan in there up to 24dB

Rail Jon Rogut
12-18-2003, 06:24 PM
There are plenty of VST plug-ins which can also screw up.. uh, I mean distort your tracks

Go to www.fxpansion.com (http://www.fxpansion.com)

Rail

orage
12-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Whenever I need a little extra gain on a track, I'll insert a RenEQ2 on it and use the trim that's in the plug-in for a boost. Works pretty well and doesn't make a dent in the CPU!

Gods Mistake
12-18-2003, 11:06 PM
There are plenty of VST plug-ins which can also screw up.. uh, I mean distort your tracks

Rail

Opinion noted

My use of gain is purely cathartic!!

Thanks for the advice though, but is gain as RTAS ever possible? (i.e. Digi can't be arsed etc.) I ask mainly 'cause I love the sound of this specific plug so much. On the few drum tracks I've used it on, with heavy bass kicks and all, it sounds really intense. Even turned up to the limit it doesn't seem to clip too much, whereas other plugs on other systems clip way too quick and sound kind of false.

tele_player
12-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes, gain could be done in an RTAS plugin - as described above, it already exists in comps and eqs.

TriAxis
01-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Are there any (cheap) RTAS gain/distortion plugs around?

Its not supercheap but Amplitube can make 1000's of distortion sounds.
You can use it on any track, and use a little, alot or "F" sound up.