PDA

View Full Version : Shuttling Sessions Between Studios

dstagl
06-14-2002, 11:46 AM
OK, I'm working on a project right now that is going back and forth between studios pretty much on a daily basis--cut tracks on an HD, then edit on either a Mix system or LE, then back to the HD for more tracking, mixing, etc.... I'm wondering if anyone has any tips in dealing with the I/O setup changes that occur from moving from one system to another. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of a pain bringing stuff into a new studio and the IO setup is different. It would be nice if I could just hit the default key on the new setup and it would rename all the used I/Os from the session and add in any other ones that are available. But the problem that happens is it doesn't delete the ones you're currently using, and you end up with duplicates. You can set all your track outputs to "none", then do the default button in the I/O window, and go reset everything where it should go....BUT, you lose all your pan settings by doing this.

Does anyone have a good way of moving sessions back and forth onto different systems to alleviate the difficulties of this? I can live with it, but it would be nice if I could just import I/O templates that just renamed the outputs correctly in the session without me having to delete paths. But you try and to that and you click OK and you have identical names... images/icons/mad.gif ...and the clock is ticking the whole time.

Thanks!
Dave