PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I'm in big trouble!! plz help

Bob Mould
12-07-2003, 03:13 PM
So i screwed up again, hope you guyz can i help me out here.
Here's the problem, today i recorded a band and i did a stupid stupid thing...

ProTools Session was set to 48khz, the RME interface i use for A/D and clock connected to a digi001 has a front panel
button for clock/sample rate change, in the middle of the session we took a break and listened to some music thru media player and
i had to switch to 44.1khz on the RME so the music would play at the correct speed.
But i forgot to set the clock/sample rate back to 48khz before we started to record again and i didnt notice anything until it was to late, so now
i have 2 of 4 songs that are recorded to slow. It plays fine when clock is set to 44,1khz, the proböem is when bouncing to disc, the bounced material
plays to fast. I've tried doing sample rate conversion in samplitude and wavelab with no luck. One option that comes to mind would be to record
the D/A outputs to some other medium like dat or another digital system. That would fix the problem but with some degree of signal degredation.
Is there some other way to solve this???

thanks!!!
mike

Rail Jon Rogut
12-07-2003, 03:28 PM
You can download Header Investigator from my web site and change the sample rate in your WAV files' headers to match the true sample rate.

Rail

Bob Mould
12-08-2003, 12:59 AM
cool....thanks alot!

i will try it out.

cheers
mike

Bob Mould
12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Rail, you da man!!!
It worked prefectly..

thanks sooooooooooo much
/mike

brinaddison
12-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Rail, what is your web address? I'd like to check out Header investigator. Sounds like a great app.

Rail Jon Rogut
12-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Link (http://home.earthlink.net/~railro/) .. it's in my profile.

It's a Windows program tho'.

Rail