PDA

View Full Version : I found my Savior. Errrr….I mean Sound Replacer

McMasters
05-30-2002, 11:16 AM
I just wanted to say I had this plug for about 6 months and never used it. I just had a drummer in that CRUSHED his cymbals while hitting the drums rather soft. I decided to give sound replacer a try after reading an article in the DigiZine.
I bought some drum hit sample CD’s at the local music store, chopped up the ones I liked, imported them to a media folder and BLAMO great sounding toms, without the cymbal bleed. YEA!!

Simple interface and very accurate.

My Drawmer Gates are getting jealous. I really love the Sound Replacer.

Seriously though, I would normally spend hours-helping drummers tune lame kits with poor head selections. Just to get a halfway decent tom sound. It is such a rarity to record a great drummer. I have been recording rock bands in the Philadelphia area for over ten years and I can count the quality drummers on one hand.

Sound Replacer is the best terd polisher for drums that I have come across.

slangification
05-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Yup.

Jeff Hodges
05-30-2002, 01:36 PM
SR is great for many other things too. I use it to create a nice kick point sample...i duplicate the kick drum track, then sound replace the duplicate kick track with the pointy sample...very consistent, no extra dsp, easy to control. also fatten up or replace chorus snare drums.

dig it