PDA

View Full Version : POWER -- HD rocks!

seeds
05-27-2002, 05:18 PM
I have to say I am blown away by the power of my new HD2 rig..it was something else bringing up a previous mixplus mix that was really maxxed out of DSP and channels/voices, etc.. and to have the system usage window now be only half full...

Oh man...this is one of the first times I've ever finished a mix with plenty of horsepower to spare. And the upgrade price is very reasonable.

Go Digi!

uno1234
05-27-2002, 05:40 PM
I know, I'm lovin it too. I got 5 process cards and will never run out. I never leave pro tools now in my mixing,.

McMasters
05-31-2002, 08:58 PM
What I am looking forward to is not having to bounce to disk when processing runs short. Which happens quite frequently with my mix3 system. I am getting the $ together now for the upgrade. (last minute of course)
I really don't want to come to this board and have to go to the legacy area. I am selling everything that is not nailed down.

If your not growing your dieing.

I figure the HD should be good for another 4-5 years.

Kev
06-01-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by McMasters:

If your not growing your dieing.
I figure the HD should be good for another 4-5 years.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep.

I think this is why I will fall off the fence at the last minute ... and on to HD.

It will also bring a new computer.... and again I will chose something for the same time period. I have been running Mix/Plus and 9600 since it first came out and I plan to run the new set-up the same way , with minimal changes. I did give the 9600 a G3 and I did move from 4.0 to 4.3 to 5.1 but you get my point, Keep things simple.

What computer config did you guys chose?

seeds
06-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Im using the same G4 450 dual I had with my mixplus...and it works great. Perhaps a tad more solid thus far. Hopefully I won't have to upgrade the cpu until HD II comes out images/icons/smile.gif