PDA

View Full Version : Drum and fx samples

Dr. J
05-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Where do i get drum and fx samples that i can directly import into Mix Plus TDM system, running 24 bit sessions. I have ton's of loop cd's but there all wav. files, and PT won't open them???

snoopy
05-18-2002, 01:46 AM
PT should convert them for you. I import wav files (loops in general) all the time.

snoopy
05-18-2002, 01:48 AM
Although now that I think about it, I have been mostly using Logic for so long, I may be mistaken and had been using SDII files. I'll check it out tomorrow and post back. If I am wrong, you can use something like Sound App to convert wav files to SDII format.

burningbusch
05-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Dr J,

I bring 16-bit WAV files into PT TDM all the time using either "Import Audio to Track" or "Import Audio". It converts 16-bit files to 24-bit automatically. When you click on a WAV file in the dialog box, does it not let you convert them?

Busch.

Dr. J
05-20-2002, 09:07 PM
No, when I click, Import Audio, and i look at the CD in the Mac's CD drive, i can't even see wav. files. And there is no way to choose to look for wav., or all files etc... It's not seeing them. But if i just look at the cd outside of PT, the Mac sees the files as wav.

snoopy
05-21-2002, 12:40 AM
what if you copy them onto the hard drive?

Dr. J
05-21-2002, 04:08 PM
I'll try that and get back.

Todd Smith
05-22-2002, 07:34 AM
I had this problem trying to import wav into tool. sometimes it sees them and sometimes says 'unreadable' or 'unknown type.' drag the wav into quicktime pro and export as sd2 then tool will see it. hope this helps.

Dr. J
05-22-2002, 07:33 PM
Ok, i figured it out. All i had to do was go into Audio, "Convert and inport Audio", and it brought up a file list of all the wav. files on the cd, and i there is even a play/stop function to listen to them before importing.

That was too easy not to know. Oh well, i never had to use it before so......

I guess something to remember.
images/icons/cool.gif