PDA

View Full Version : Test mixes

ianmiller
05-09-2002, 07:32 AM
I am sure there is any easy thing I am missing - but advice would be welcome. Once you start using automation on mixes, it starts reflecting any changes you make (in touch or latch). If I am doing a listening pass and want to try and few fader moves. mutes or whatever and want don't want anything recorded - how do I do that. I know I can select each track and turn automation off - but that also stops playback of the automation I have already done. So, my goal is to hear the track properly (with automation recorded to date) but to be able to play with the mix without recording anything new. Any ideas? - Thanks

QuikDraw
05-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Duplicate the automation playlist for the track you want to experiment with and do your testing on the duplicated playlist.

Mike

Dr. J
05-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Maybe i am not understanding you, but if i am this is very simple. You have recorded automation moves, and you want to hear them while still playing with the tracks. Simple, change the automation from "touch" or "latch" and put the it to "read" and it will read that move as you play through it, but with your cursor, you can still change things if you hold down the mouse button. Example, if you have a volume automation fade going down, but you grab it with the mouse it will stay stationary until you let go of the button.
images/icons/smile.gif