PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new PT feature

emilano
05-04-2002, 12:32 AM
It would be great if you could hold down a shortcut key that would allow you to A/B two tracks (or two sets of tracks). Instead of the current way where you have to click mute, and then unmute the track that you are AB'ing with...

Or does this already exist and I'm missing it?

Zeus
05-04-2002, 07:20 AM
In the preferences, there is an option for latching/unlatching the solo buttons.

Z

Mike Tholen
05-04-2002, 07:28 AM
why can't you make 2 playlists on a single track and then do your A/B'ing?

Zeus
05-04-2002, 07:51 AM
It lasts forever to wait for Pro Tools to do the switching between playlists or when editing on the fly. (Of course you could minimaze the DAE buffer size, but that's not always very fun...)

Besides, I think emilano wants to A/B two tracks with different volumes, plug-ins etc...That possible by unlatching the solo buttons.

Z

JPS
05-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Zeus:
In the preferences, there is an option for latching/unlatching the solo buttons. Z<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks. That is a great way to A/B two or more tracks, didn't know the feature was there.

uno1234
05-05-2002, 12:36 AM
Get a control surface.

PTUser NYC
05-05-2002, 09:10 AM
I have to agree. It would be great to have an "OR" feature in groups. The idea is that if you set a mix group to "OR" mode, then if you solo a track within the group, the others un-solo.

Better yet, if you un-mute one member of an "OR" group, the other members mute. This would be VERY helpful, a big time saver.

emilano
05-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Unlatch - Dat's it.

Thank you Zeus...I named my hard drive "Thor" after your son. (really).