PDA

View Full Version : Deleting all automation on a track

Simon L
04-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Often when we get an LE session and I have to change the start time of the movie when I open in LE, I get automation breakpoints on all tracks at the old start time. I wanted a way to remove all the automation (ie Pan, Volume, mute etc). Well there is a way! simple select the Track in volume view and drag over the offending breakpoint then press Control-Delete. All the auto is deleted in one operation.This is a huge timesaver.....
Simon L.

McMasters
04-28-2002, 09:59 AM
bump

Charles Dye
05-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Simon,

Control-Delete is the command you're looking for. It will delete all automation under a selected area. To delete all the breakpoints on all the tracks at one point in the timeline:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Use the selector tool and place the cursor in the timeline at the top of your session just to the left of the offending automation breakpoints <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Click and drag the cursor just to the right of the breakpoints, which will highlight all the tracks showing in the session <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Press Control-Delete and they will all be gone
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hope this helps. Any questions just drop me an email.
Cheers,
Charles

Simon L
05-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Thats exactly what I said in my post. It was not a question but a tip for those that did not know
Simon L

Charles Dye
05-04-2002, 08:10 AM
Simon,

Opps, sorry. I clearly didn't finish reading your post.

Charles