PDA

View Full Version : apple events reference for Pro Tools?

zenbarai
04-10-2002, 11:22 PM
I'm creating a simple sound effects librarian in FileMaker Pro. I understand that others have successfully used apple events to get Pro Tools to import specific audio files. Does anyone know where I can find out what apple events to use to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Zeus
04-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Hmm,I've never used Filemaker but anyway I know it's possible (and much faster than using the import audio dialog) to drag the wanted sound files onto the Pro Tools application icon (or alias) in the Finder. (This works, of course, only when you have a session open.)

Z

Noiz2
04-11-2002, 10:32 AM
I have written a simular app. I didn't get around to tha auto import, I just copy files to a folder. It does preview for the Db and I made a version that will spot to the highlighted times in PT. I talked to David Farmer, Sound Log Pro, and he said he esentialy droped the files on the open PT app. I imagine that if you sent a event to open file X in protools it would be the equivalent of droping the file on the app.
By the way SLP is a very nice program I did my "light" version for a friend who A) needs a simple app and B) was very unlikley to pay for SLP. Also it was a good excuse to do a little programing.
I'd be interested in what you come up with, and I could send you what I came up with if you like.

zenbarai
04-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys.

Noiz2, I'd love to take you up on your offer to tell me how you get audio files to spot to a highlighted track. You can email me at ben@juniperpost.com.

What did you write the app in?

Ben