PDA

View Full Version : A new chair

Wolfgang Eller
03-04-2002, 01:38 AM
Hello

I´m looking for a new chair and wants to know what kind of chair it ii which can be seen on every SSL, Neve or BIG studio advertisment.
It´s a black chair with armrests and where you are sitting on and the back seems to be a kind of grill.
Does anybody know who´s producing that kind of chair or where I can buy it (US, UK, Germany) ?

Thanks for your help
Wolfgang

jackruston
03-04-2002, 02:43 AM
I think that chair is something called an 'aeron' by Herman Miller, but you might want to check that. The problem with them is that because every architect, designer, recording studio etc etc on the planet seems to have one, they are very overpriced. They do look cool though.
'RH' do a range of chairs that are smart, better for actual support, but half the price. (over here anyway)
Jack

sdevino
03-04-2002, 02:56 PM
IMO the Herman Miller chair is a bargain. I have 2 that I paid about $600 for each (no extra bells and whistles). This orice is about minimum for a sturdy well built chair that will last more than a year or 2. It is also less than half the price of anything they have at the consumer oriented "Relax The Back" Stores.

It is also about half the price of far less comfortable Steelcase chairs.

The Aeron will probably still be in good shape 10 years from now. Your Office depot chair will have vworn out springs, broken casters and jammed barings in 6 months.

jackruston
03-04-2002, 03:41 PM
I apologise for suggesting that the aeron is expensive for you guys. It's just that it's being sold over here for over 1000gbp which is about 1600 dollars.
jack

Mount Royal
03-04-2002, 04:12 PM
A source for the Aeron Chair:
http://www.sit4less.com/

Good sitting,

John Caldwell

Jules
03-04-2002, 06:42 PM
I have 3, go for the middle "B" size, the biggest is only for guys 6 foot 4 tall etc...(giants)

Clients love them..

Get the special rollers for wooden floors (if you have them that is)

Jules

Barnabas
03-05-2002, 12:03 AM
I went to the local office furniture store (Office Depot & Office Max) and spent an hour sitting in lots of chairs. I pulled up to a desk and pretended to mix a session. The one that fit me best was about $600.

The Herman Miller chair comes in multiple sizes (widths). You have to guess at your clients Butt size!! images/icons/shocked.gif Do a DUC search on Herman Miller.

A good chair is very important.

Wolfgang Eller
03-05-2002, 01:07 AM
Thanks for your great help.

Now I have my new chair!

Regards Wolfgang

Dr. J
03-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Jules, I am 6'4", and i have the b size, and it works fine for me. Maybe giant is really taller.

But yea, the Herman Miller Aeron rules!!! i actually live 20 miles from the plant that manufacturers it. Boy they're a lot cheaper at the company outlet store, i'll tell you that.

images/icons/wink.gif