PDA

View Full Version : Reason, Live, and Sampletank that came with MBOX

Scott Leader
11-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Ok I am new at all this. Can anyone help explain what these things do?
Also, I think sampletank has midi sounds... How do I use them with my key board?

reptilzar
11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
OK, here's the skinny on the PT bundle: Reason is an all-in-one software studio, or so it says. Drum Machine, Synths, Samplers, and a Loop Player, as well as some effects. Amplitube is a guitar amp simulator, with choice of clean, crunch, and lead sounds, as well as reverb, wah, delay, and a built-in tuner. Ableton Live is a loop-based sequencing "performance" program, used for both composition and live performance, with lots of cool on-the-fly options. T-Racks EQ is an equalizer. Sampletank is a (IMHO mediocre) "ROMpler"/Sample playback device. I don't like it very much. To find out how to use them, read the PDF files on your pro tools CD, or check the manufacturer's websites. You will find everything you need there. And don't forget, Google is our friend!

rep

PDEES
11-08-2003, 08:32 PM
don't forget www.dogpile.com (http://www.dogpile.com)

Scott Leader
11-10-2003, 03:51 PM
sweet. thanks.
I was reading the PDF files but tis all greek right now.
Actually, someone told me today how in love with REASON they are... So I am looking forward to getting it going.
I also found out that it wont work until I get the 6.1 upgrade. That was the first problem.
thanks alot