PDA

View Full Version : who is using 3 monitors with his Mac ?

digigirly
01-25-2002, 03:35 PM
who is using 3 monitors with his Mac ?
And what is the specific used Hardware then?

digigirly
01-26-2002, 04:19 AM
bump

Mario C
01-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Are you thinking of three different monitors with different info on each screen, or of mirroring monitors?

We are using an Appian Jeronimo AGP two supply two monitors. We then take the feed for monitor A and hit a VGA distribution amp and feed one of my desktop monitors, and also a plasma display in front for the producer's benefit.

So, we mirror monitor A, and monitor B feeds my second desktop monitor. Three monitors. (Does this make sense?)

I don't know about three different monitors. I believe they don't recomend multiple video cards because of the extra load on the PCI bus that may take away from audio needs.

Good luck,

Kev
01-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Or do you mean the third monitor is for Vision .... say off a Fuse Card or from the Firewire to a converter or Video Camera/Tape deck thingy????

To make that clearer .. Two computer screens for PT and One TV screen for video.

images/icons/confused.gif

andre tchmil
01-26-2002, 04:16 PM
yep, that's what I mean,
2 for PT and a third one for FCP with a videocard like fuse, etc... all on the same computer
any opinions?

seandaly
01-26-2002, 04:26 PM
I use Digi001/PTLE and FCP v2.0 (but not simultaneously) on a G4-533 (1,13 Gb RAM, 60 Gb audio/video disk) with the Matrox RTMac realtime video card.

This card is not cheap, but I am happy to have dualscreen in PT and dualscreen + PAL TV in FCP

I connect the analog monitor outs from the RTMac breakout box to the monitor mode ins on the Digi001 to listen to rushes on my main speakers while watching the TV monitor.

I also use the Contour ShuttlePro with both apps, very happy with it

- Sean

agradl
01-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Hi,

Mr. Cretu/Enigma is using a 3display setup with a G3 Mac.
He is not upgrading to a G4 because of the PCI overflow problem with newer models, ...

I did some tests with 3 displays and digi, it's working o la la - not recommanded

hope this helps - or not, ...?! images/icons/rolleyes.gif