PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring?!?!?!

tomw
09-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Setup: PT24mix, P.T ver 6, on a G4 Mac. Adat Bridge into yamaha 01v in to Dynaudio BM5's and Basic Panasonic Stereo.

My problem is that my mixes sound good when play back through pro tools and the BM5's/Panasonic but when I take the mixes and put them on my pc laptop to master them with my waves plugins they sound totally different with regards to bass and levels. The laptops speaker output goes into the 01v and to the same monitors, so why the HUGE difference. Is it because of the laptops poor sound card? Which is giving the most truthful playback?

Cheers

TVPostSound
09-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Im not sure about your laptop, but my Dell has speaker settings in the control panel (WinXP).
If it has the laptop speaker option, then ALL the low frequecy is removed from the output, so the signal wont blow the 1/4" laptop speakers!!!!

Check you settings in control panel.

tomw
09-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Cheers i'll check but its actually the other way round, the tracks sound bass heavy and very boomy!!

georgia
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
actually, a lot of laptops and small speakers systems hype the low-mids to make up for the lack of actual low end. So things can get rather mid-range boomie on those type of computers. Kind of like using MAXXbass with bad settings....

cheers
georgia