PDA

View Full Version : auto punch

rot n roll
06-30-2003, 10:14 AM
i just recently bought a bunch of stuff to build a studio and to my shocking suprise *not really* pro tools is very different from cakewalk sonor 2. I am using the digi 002 to track in PTLE 6.0.2. I pretty much understand everything basic except how to auto punch. Auto punch was pretty basic in cakewalk so i really feel like a goon not being able to do it in pro tools. Is there actually a way to set this up so you can set a punch in and punch out point in the project? This is extremely important me because i will be playing while operating the console and this quickpunch thing seems to be hopeless and the footswitch is not necessarily something i want to use. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as i am a complete novice at pro tools. Thanks

jodyjfk
06-30-2003, 08:08 PM
An easy way to do it is to "select" the section you are going to punch into. Hit record and the tracks that are armed for recording will start recording at the highlighted section....of course you're probably gonna want to have a pre-roll time entered and pre-roll 'on' (maybe even post-roll if you want to listen past the punch in point).
Now, you have to tell me where you got your screen name (rot n roll)...and I'll tell you why I asked. images/icons/smile.gif

rot n roll
07-04-2003, 09:26 PM
thanks, appreciate that advice

i got the name from an old carcass song

Detuned6
07-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by rot n roll:
i got the name from an old carcass song <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Carcass is great, i perfer the grindy'er days of symphonies, but swansongs not to bad. "keep on rotting".....