PDA

View Full Version : bouncing files with outboard gear

radioface
09-03-2002, 08:53 PM
i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

i'm trying to bounce a mix to 24bit using an outboard verb but whenever I review the mix, the verb is not present...

any ideas???

marcusb
09-03-2002, 09:50 PM
how do you have the external verb connected and routed in the PT mixer ?

cheers,
marcus

radioface
09-03-2002, 11:07 PM
marcus,

I am bussing a signal(bus1)to an aux track(stereo) and applying the verb as an insert(spdf) on the same aux track.

The input for the aux track is (bus1&2).

thanks...

Ben Jenssen
09-04-2002, 03:05 AM
The signal has to go from the aux to an audio track to be recorded: Make a stereo audio track and use bus 3-4 to send from aux to audio track. record enable audio track.

Ricco
09-04-2002, 03:35 AM
to use you’re spidif you need to disable spidif mirroring, to do this> go to the setups menu> select playback engine> other options> disable spidif mirroring. After that your session will rebuild and you will be prompted to reset your inserts tab in the I/O setup, do this so that you’re spidif option will be displayed in your inserts.

ghoti
09-04-2002, 04:11 AM
radioface,
As Ricco stated make sure SPDIF mirroring is not enabled. Also make sure you are not in low latency mode or your reverb will not print in the bounce. You do not need an audio track for the verb in order for it to bounce, the aux track is fine.
The way you described your aux track is fine. Another method is to set the input of the aux track to your SPDIF input and buss the tracks you want to send to the verb to the SPDIF output, instead of putting the verb on the insert of the aux track. I hope this makes sense.
Peace,
ghoti

radioface
09-05-2002, 12:29 AM
Ricco,ghoti,ben...

Much thanks. It was the low latency mode which was causing the the verb not to print. Got it working right after I read the post.

I was wondering if there are any ramifications for switching modes? For example, when bouncing to disk without LLat engaged, does the effect behave identically like when i monitored it while in "low latency mode?" At worst I would imagine it would throw in a little more predelay.

I listened to it and it sounded the same...any thoughts?

thanks again you guys!