PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Bounce in PT LE 5.1.1.

Hubert Yong
05-13-2002, 09:17 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm new to PT LE. In fact i've just received & installed my brand new Digi001 Factory.

Everything worked great... i set up a session, imported my audio files, set up a mix, played with plug ins... but when i tried to perform Bounce to Disk, i got the following message:-
"The PCI bus is too busy for DAE to communicate reliably with the Audio hardware (-6042)"

Can anyone please shed some light on this problem ?

My set up is as follows:
PowerMac QuickSilver G4 933, 768MB RAM
Plugged into the PCI slots are:-
a) Digi001 PCI card
b) ACard ATA66 IDE Controller card
c) Sonorus STUDi/o (2 x ADAT I/O card)

All my working drives are IDE disk drives and they are hooked up to my ACard IDE controller card (not RAID)

Could it be that my IDE COntroller card is hogging the PCI Bus ? I can record and playback without any problems. I only encounter the problem when i try to perform Bounce to disk in PT LE 5.1.1.

Note:
I also run Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 4.8.1. on the same G4. I don't have a problem performing bounces in Logic.

I am also planning to make the switch to Firewire drives since my G4 comes with Firewire ports.

I hope someone can help me understand what is wrong. I may not be doing things correctly as this is only my first day with PT LE 5.1.1.

I would appreciate it if you could reply privately to me at my email address:
home388@brunet.bn

Thanks in advance
Hubert Yong
Brunei Darussalam

Bastiaan
05-13-2002, 11:10 AM
I suggest you remove the adat-cards, and try again. In the pc-world you have to enable dma on all your drives, otherwise stuff like this could happen. Maybe there's something like that going on with mac's too.