PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally lost. Beat Mapping, syncing, clicks, etc.

jpoprock
04-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Hey guys and gals. I'm really new to PTLE and work on a Mac. I've got a lot of things figured out already. But me and a couple other newbie buddies are LOST when it comes to creating a tempo map or whatever it's called.

Basically, I want to be able to record a "chorus", then copy/paste it to different points in a song. But lining it up perfectly is a complete nightmare. I want to be able to set the marker, then grab the selected chorus, and tell PT to "snap" it to that marker. But it's hard as hell to do considering that I have no idea how to create a "click track" or beat map. I'm not sure what it's called either way. I'm not really talking "Midi" stuff here. I DO use a drum machine, but I don't record midi drums. I print them to tape. If sending some kind of midi signal to PT will help, then I'll try that. Even still, I don't know how to do it either. HA!

If I were to learn this, it would pretty much get me on my way to recording. I'm sure there is tons more for me to learn, but creating some kind of click or beat map to I can move stuff around and have it aligned perfectly would REALLY help us out.

Thanks!

Jason

jpoprock
04-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I got a DVD in the mail the other day that i ordered at LONG time ago. It really helped. The "lesson" on the Digizine thing was great too. Check it out!

Jason