PDA

View Full Version : moving sessions from LE to Free

pcembry
11-02-2001, 05:47 PM
What is the best way to move sessions from my Digi001 LE studio to Pro Tools Free on my home computer. When I burn a data disc and save to my home computer, then try to open, I get "not a Pro Tools File" error.

bigfrog
11-03-2001, 02:45 AM
File > Save Session Copy In...

Check out the options available & select what you want.

Make sure you select the appropriate version of PT. Pick 'Pro Toools 5 Session (*.pt5)'.

This will duplicate everything you tell it to in 'Items to copy'. Burn this copy to CD.

pcembry
11-03-2001, 08:55 AM
Thanks for helping a newbie!

pcembry
11-09-2001, 05:17 PM
OK, I need more help. After I save the session on my LE computer and burn to cd. What's the best way to get the session into protools free on the other PC and into a session so I can add tracks at home. images/icons/cool.gif

bigfrog
11-10-2001, 08:03 AM
Hi,

Copy the entire session folder (which contains Audio Files, Fade Files, the actual session etc. - everything you copied) from CD-R to your audio hard disk on the PT Free computer.

Open PT Free, then open the copied session.

I've tried this stuff over my network, and it works for me. It should work, provided your PT Free computer can read the CD-R.

pcembry
11-10-2001, 11:07 AM
Thanks Bigfrog you've been a great help. images/icons/smile.gif

pcembry
11-13-2001, 07:55 PM
I need one more tip. When I burn this session to CD. I make it a data file correct? Not a audio file. Thanks again for any help. images/icons/cool.gif

Ke productions
11-13-2001, 09:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by pcembry:
I need one more tip. When I burn this session to CD. I make it a data file correct? Not a audio file. Thanks again for any help. images/icons/cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES. A data file.