PDA

View Full Version : tempo change

TGPLTGF
09-11-2001, 01:11 PM
I am new to Pro Tools LE and am attempting to decrease/increase the tempo of some drum tracks that I have imported into a new session. I have read the manual but can't get the tempo changes I've made to take effect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lwilliam
09-11-2001, 01:26 PM
Are they audio or midi drum tracks?

The tempo change function only works with midi tracks.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: lwilliam ]

TGPLTGF
09-11-2001, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by lwilliam:
Are they audio or midi drum tracks?

The tempo change function only works with midi tracks.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: lwilliam ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are audio drum tracks...you know, I suspected that but thank you for the clarification. I have a MIDI interface but am really a MIDI loser...any suggestions to getting me on the right and easy track for accomplishing the tempo change?

KaiXXX
09-12-2001, 02:31 AM
I think you can quantize your audio regions. This should work if you have single drum hit regions and the tempo change is not too big.
If you only have one region you could try timestretching. In case the sounds get messed up with that, try replacing them with SoundReplacer (with the original sounds).

I really wished there was an option audio regions would stick to bars and beats! images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I started to use a MIDI sound module for the drum programming. After all tempo changes are clear, I record the single tracks into PT and maybe use soundreplacer.