PDA

View Full Version : C24 Talkback Dim is Mute!

ashdot
06-02-2001, 05:25 AM
Hi,

The most problematic issue concerning our C24 is that the talkback (built in mic) almost totally mutes the monitors, so there's no way to hear people talking back to the producer thru the monitors. This is unheard of in any other console.
Is there any way to control the amount of dimming when using the talkback?
Izhar

Axis Audio
06-06-2001, 12:59 AM
Try taking your finger off the talkback button! The talkback function is for talking.. not listening. If it didn't dimm when being depressed then you would get a tremendous feedback in your control room monitors.

ashdot
06-06-2001, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the advice...

The problem is that doesn't dim but almost mutes the sound.
When communicating with the artist in the recording room, you have to know when to stop talking and listen to what he/she has to say.

Right now, there's no way to tell when the artist wants to talk back.

To make a long story short, no other console dims this much.

Digi, please answer.

Izhar

UserName
06-08-2001, 04:37 PM
Engineer: Okay, let's do that one again, over.

Artist: Copy that, over.

davemc
06-09-2001, 03:13 AM
I agree and also it would be nice to double click it and have the talkback on permantly when you want a longer chat, like some other consoles.

------------------
Bye Dave
www.indentmusic.com.au

mutiny
11-05-2008, 06:10 AM
If you hold the dim button down for a couple of seconds it allows you to decreace the amount of dim down to -6db which helps hugely, as it defaults to -20.

This worked for me,

Good Luck,

Mark

mutiny
11-05-2008, 06:11 AM
I agree and also it would be nice to double click it and have the talkback on permantly when you want a longer chat, like some other consoles.

------------------
Bye Dave
www.indentmusic.com.au
you can doubleclick to latch talkback on my c24.

livesoundguy
11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
If you hold the dim button down for a couple of seconds it allows you to decreace the amount of dim down to -6db which helps hugely, as it defaults to -20.

This worked for me,

Good Luck,

Mark

This is the correct solution--nice call Mark.

Table Syrup Records
11-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Oooh, Ooooh, can this be set on the Control 24 as well?

I'll check utilities but I don't recal seeing it there, just Internal, External, whatever. No DIM settings.

Hold down? Probably not on the old board huh....?

livesoundguy
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
This is a feature of the new C|24 not the old Control|24...time to upgrade!! :)

Table Syrup Records
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
LOL, not a chance.

Given I like my board, even given the problems, I see no reason to go to a board which still has problems and not a whole lot of upgrades, and I don't think it's a comfortable board. Especially being 6'7" and having a bad back/neck, there's even more looking down involved in the new one.

eh......

Ok, yeah, time to upgrade, but to the AWS 900 instead. That's the plan.... someday....