PDA

View Full Version : Auditioning/Naming Punched Regions

Hud Hudson
04-24-2001, 05:31 AM
I did a session yesterday where I had to do multiple takes of several short punch-ins on a vocal track. I then dragged an earlier complete take over the subsequent take (including punches) but now I'm unclear after reading the manual how to audition the punched regions in order to A/B between the two tracks. What's the best way to snap the punches back to their original time stamps? It also occurred to me (as a brand new PT user) that there must be some useful renaming conventions to keep track of all these takes as they're done (I find it hard to distinguish between regions that are complete tracks and punched takes using the default naming which mirrors the track label, e.g. "Vocal"). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Hud

picturemaker
04-24-2001, 08:28 AM
Hud,
Check your manual for info on the use of playlists. If you don't have a manual, the www.digidesign.com (http://www.digidesign.com) website has an online version available in PDF format that you can download. Anyhow, if you create a new playlist before you start recording your punch ins you have the ability to use that old playlist in a new track after you finish recording. Simply move the tracks side by side and solo between them to compare the old to the new. As far as time stamps and naming are concerned. The manual offers a few ways of doing that with punchin material. Each new punch in should have its own label after it is created. Best of luck.

uno1234
04-24-2001, 08:50 AM
Use spot mode to snap the region to the original time stamp. Playlists make it easier, however.

Vedat
04-25-2001, 12:30 AM
Control-click-drag the region (with the hand tool) from the list and it is going to snap to the insert point or selection start.