PDA

View Full Version : BOUNCE TO DISC PROBLEM

Rams Boy
04-04-2001, 06:31 AM
Since 5.1 I'm having alot of "Bounce to disc" problems. It won't do it all the time. It says something about the DAE can't keep up or something like that.
One time I was only bouncing a pair of tracks with some plug-ins. After removing the C4,the bounce worked. Then when I went back and put the C4 on in another insert, it bounced fine. What's up?

snoopy
04-04-2001, 07:30 PM
I think I had this once and it had something to do with the DAE buffer size. Perhaps lowering it may help? Also disk cache in the memory control panel shoul;d be set to 512k (I think).

Rams Boy
04-05-2001, 07:09 AM
Where do I cahnge the DAE buffer size abd disk cache settings?

Rams Boy
04-05-2001, 09:51 AM
Even when I use "convert after bounce" the computer tells me..."Try convert after bounce". What's up???!!!

TheMusicGuy
04-05-2001, 11:15 AM
Ok, This is what works for me. I have the glyph trip rack with 2, 18 gig drives on scsi bus #1. So. When I bounce to disc, I don't try to make the glyph drives run all over the place to play my tune and record it all at once. I bounce to the hard drive of my computer. Then you can just move the bounce to whereever you want. This may work for you or it may not. I tis just what work for me. So good luck fatbot.-Chris@Onthemarkproductions

TheMusicGuy
04-05-2001, 11:19 AM
Oops, I mean, good luck Fatboy.

Ray Lyon
05-17-2001, 07:09 PM
"Even when I use "convert after bounce" the computer tells me..."Try convert after bounce". What's up???!!! " THIS HAPPENED TO ME TODAY AS WELL... what's really weird is after fiddling around with DAE buffer sizes (with no success) I reset it to "convert during bounce" and it worked... arbitrarily... digi what's goin on?

Dan L
05-18-2001, 01:30 AM
I've found that If plug in windows are open, in a large session this can cause probs in Bounce to disk, try closing the plug-in windows and retry??

Piotr Rubik
05-18-2001, 02:48 AM
Do you have FaxSTF installed on your system? That may be strange but I have FaxSTF and had the same problem, then I've turned Fax software off and no more bounce problems...

Regards

Peter

Piotr Rubik
05-18-2001, 02:57 AM
Do you have FaxSTF installed on your system? That may be strange but I have FaxSTF and had the same problem, then I've turned Fax software off and no more bounce problems...

Regards

Peter

Piotr Rubik
05-18-2001, 03:33 AM

Regards

Peter

KingTor
05-18-2001, 11:26 AM
there's a similar topic on this:

http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/007040.html

it seems to be somehow related to Waves plug-ins for at least some people....