PDA

View Full Version : Got 5.1 today

angelo panetta
02-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Got the new 5.1 today. But I haven't installed it yet. Anyone Install 5.1 yet?

muhamk
02-27-2001, 11:00 AM
I have, and so far it's running great!

blairl
02-27-2001, 11:23 AM
Hey, where are all of you getting 5.1? I thought it wasn't available yet. Where can I get mine?

Psycopupil
02-27-2001, 01:39 PM
blairl -

Don't know what form or fashion yours will present itself, but mine came in the form of a link nested inside an email message from Digi.

The link sent me to the Digi store where I picked up an axe, an apple, a buckskin jacket and a copy of PTLE 5.1.

I'm not suggesting it's available as general store merchandise though as I was entitled to a free copy by virtue of when I purchased PTLE 5.01.

FYI. http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

ps

[This message has been edited by Psycopupil (edited February 27, 2001).]

PlanB
02-27-2001, 02:40 PM
I got my 5.1 about a week ago.

I got a mail message, just like ps, and the next morning, the package with CD and manuals was delivered by DHL.

Everything works fine up to now, execpt a minor problem when trying to bounce.
Also when importing older sessions, tracks were sometimes muted unless I switched to 'AutoVoice'. I guess this has something to do with the plugins: I used plugs on those tracks that had a RTAS version too.

All in all, a very nice improvement...

Cheers
Arthur

PlanB
02-28-2001, 12:10 AM
Speer,

Mine is a TDM. I did not have to do anything, to be honest. I was elegible (sp?) for a free upgrade (bought after sept. 2000) and just got it like that. Maybe I'm the exception, but I have nothing but good experiences with Digidesign. I got the special plug-in pack promotion, faxed my registration and just 2 weeks later, the authorisation disks and manuals for the plugs were delivered by DHL.

Maybe get in touch with DigiSupport and ask what happened to your upgrade. I seem to remember another post by Brent, mentioning the free upgrades were going out first...

Cheers from Belgium

Arthur

angelo panetta
02-28-2001, 08:32 AM
Hey speer, yes I'm a TDM user now. Can't say my exprience with digi has been great, but I'm enjoying 5.01 very much. I'm waiting to hear from more users before I install 5.1. I have too many major projects to have any down time.

I also heard you can only use rtas on audio inputs not aux inputs.

I got my 5.1 fed exed from digi.

meshtheflesh
02-28-2001, 07:50 PM
We have have just installed 5.1 on 4 of our systems. All mix plus. 1 x g5/500 dual, 1x G4 533, 1 x 9500/g3400, 1 x 9600/g3400.
All running great. We all love the new version!

Stereo Tracks!!!!

No down time, and we are a very busy studio.

cheers

Ramesh

angelo panetta
03-01-2001, 11:25 AM
So how long have you been running 5.1. days; hours; mins.

I guess I'll try installing this weekend or early next week.

muhamk
03-01-2001, 02:51 PM
Angelo Panetta???? From Cali (Montebello)?

I have been running mine for about 2 weeks. I currently have a 52 track session with a mixture of stereo and mono tracks. No probelms yet! Even bounces to disk fine!

jimlongo
03-01-2001, 03:41 PM
Well just installed today and have a few issues to resolve.
Import audio window is not working properly. Keyboard commands like space bar for audition, command-w to close don't work.
Can't get samplecell tdm connections to show up yet.
The MP3 export option doesn't work.
Is there a TrackTransfer utility in 5.1?
I guess the CD might contain some of these things.
Don't get the wrong impression, I;m jazzed, just working it out.

jim

jimlongo
03-01-2001, 04:18 PM
Okay, got the samplecell tdm working. Need to set up the routing in the I/O Setup window.
One down....

jim