PDA

View Full Version : Audio & Video Sync w/ PT

Choro
02-07-2001, 03:52 PM
Hi, I´m having trouble synchronizing PT to a VTR. I have a DV Cam w/ no Time Code: which video format (and TC) should I have to slave PT to it?

baobab
02-08-2001, 10:39 AM
We synched up PT to a Sony DSR1800 by using the video out to the video in on the USD and reading VITC. You could also take the Ref video out of the DVcam deck into the ref video in on the USD. Just set the clock ref to whatever input you are using and the positional reference to VITC and it should work.

Noiz2
02-09-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by baobab:
Just set the clock ref to whatever input you are using and the positional reference to VITC and it should work.

He said he didn't have any TC. and DV uses a TC thats in the DV stream...I don't know how you directly read that.
So you need to get a dub ov the DV with either VITC inserted into the video (I don't
know if it's possable w/ DV ) or LTC written to one of the audio tracks.
you wan't either 29.97 drop or nondrop - ask the producer if they don't know use nondrop.
sk

baobab
02-12-2001, 02:05 PM
We got DVcam tapes that had no VITC written on them but our USD had no trouble locking up. The USD must understand the TC that's in the DV stream. I don't know how but it worked for us here.