PDA

View Full Version : Vid clock Q

CCash
02-01-2001, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can clear something up for me. I keep getting conflicting answers about this:

I work at a facilty that is NTSC. We are doing some PAL stuff. If my G4 is interfaced with an 888 slaved to a Video Slave Driver getting PAL black, I only need this when rerecording or reference outside of PT, right? If I'm just editing a PAL session, my clock doesn't matter, does it?

The tech swears it does, my co-workers and I think it doesn't... it's just the timeline. The tech says it is critical to have the right ref coming in. This may be a loaded question... sorry, I'm trying to suss it out.... and thanks.

Curt

doug sjostrom
02-02-2001, 10:45 AM
I would guess that if you are spotting to picture from an external video source (tape or disk recorder) you better be locked to PAL black as should the source. If you are doing a QT movie you could probably use internal sync.
DS

CCash
02-03-2001, 11:53 PM
Thanks Doug. The situation I'm referring to is just editing without picture. I guess it's better to be safe, so I should probably always set up a session like that to reference the video clock regardless... I just want to know for my personal knowledge if it would really make a difference or not.