PDA

View Full Version : A-T 4060 Vs. CAD VX2

slapshot
01-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Has anyone used either one of these mics?
I'm checking both of them out and the CAD sounds a little warmer.
Any feedback would be great!!!

Thanks
D.P.
Austin TX.

Great Divide Studios
01-30-2001, 11:37 AM
I've had the CAD VX2 for a couple years and it really is a great mic. I've used it on all types of voices, acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo and as an omni room mic in a church Bach recording- all with great success. Sounds like **** on the kick drum, though! Haven't heard the 4060 yet, but compared to others I've heard it seems to be the best deal on the market.

For reference, I've got a Tele U47, Neumann U87 w/ innertube audio mod, Neumann M149, AT4050, AT 4047, AKG 414 TLII, Earthworks QTC1's, Royer R121's and many others. I'd say the CAD is the most versitle of the above although it doesn't quite have the magic of the U47 on most voices.

Check out Pierre Bensusan's (The world's best fingerstyle guitarist IMHO) new album "Intuit" which we recorded mostly with the CAD and a Beyer , and some with 2 CADs. Rippin'!

Cheers,

------------------
Jamie Rosenberg
Aspen, Colorado
www.greatdividemusic.
com

slapshot
01-30-2001, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, I've A/B the two mics and found the CAD a little warmer. I've recorded a fem. Vox and an acoustic Guit.
(Martin HD28) all with good results. I'm running the mics through an API 512b. If you can send me an MP3 of what you did with the
CAD that would be great!
Thanks

D. Phillips
Austin TX.
[email protected]