PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a good de-esser?

felixstone
12-01-2000, 10:58 AM
just wondering if anyone knows of a good de-esser plug-in for protools. i have used digidesigns de-esser but i find i have to use 2 or 3 of them per track cuz the frequency is just too narrow. and i have used TC de-esser in the masterworks plug-in, and that just makes the vocal dark. i guess i could use a compressor and key it with a EQ, (something i have not tried yet) guess i just want a all in one plug in, kinda like the outboard DBX stuff. well enough of my ramblings.

BDWillis
12-01-2000, 02:36 PM
Here's another vote for the Waves de-esser.*Tunable; key listen; 2 widths; you can easily automate the threshold for more control, etc. It's not perfect (I haven't heard one yet that is, hardware OR software…) but I highly recommend it!

Warmest Regards,
Brian

KingTor
12-01-2000, 05:15 PM
the Waves C1 c/g has a sidechain option that I think works MUCH better than the dedicated de-esser. It takes a little more brain to operate, and you might even have to resort to the manual, but it sounds niice.

Przemek
12-02-2000, 12:06 AM
Did you try Waves de-esser? I like it.
Przemek.

Robert U
12-02-2000, 04:56 PM
Have you every tried using volume automation?....the best de-esser I've ever tried.

-Robert

------------------
"Are we going to do it with the computer or are we in a hurry?"

frizsell
12-03-2000, 10:13 PM
Also try automating the high shelf gain of an eq plugin. It is a little time consuming but you have really good contol.

studio rec
12-11-2000, 06:15 AM
I don't the right name now but there's a
wonderfull plugin made by Waves tha works greaat. Try it!

Rick

georgia
12-12-2000, 06:46 AM
I use the Waves de-esser and if I feel the urge I duplicate the dialogue track and push it a few samples forward in time then key off the early track...

cheers

georgia