PDA

View Full Version : KRK V8 + subwoffer...

lucian
11-20-2000, 01:11 AM
Hello ,
I need to purchase a new set of monitors.
I went to the Guitar Center here in Austin and I tryed the Mackie and the KRK V8 side by side. I had playing a CD that was aound in there thru a D8B Mackie no EQ no nothing.
I arived to this conclusion:
-The Mackie are good with low frq. , the mids are a little dirty , dark, to dark ,I could not hear very good the guitars and voices form this CD.
-I listen to the KRK V8 ...a diferent world . I could actualy hear the efects and everything. The problem with KRK are the low frq.
If I had not listen before to the same song in to the Mackie, and I was actualy mixing with the KRK ,I think I would be tempted to pump up the bass a little wich on the Mackie sounded fine.
The KRK V8 is seling also sub's. Is it anyone out there that uses the KRK with a sub' ? Is it anything wrong with that?
I will realy like to get the V8 ,but if I don't get some "true" bottom my life will not be easy.
Thank you http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif
Lucian...

hyp0static
11-20-2000, 05:09 AM
lucian:

I am anxious to hear the V8 with against the Mackie's. I was told by a KRK sales rep that they have been ramping up production (all of the GC's by me have been out) of the V8 and would be back in stock probably this week.

One thing to be careful with is this - both the Mackie and the V8 have switches on the back for bass and treble adjustments. There's a possibility that they were set up incorrectly at GC.

Just something to consider...

hyp0static

tld
11-20-2000, 07:11 AM
I have the V8s and simply love them. They are a little on the bright side however, and I have to be a little careful not to overstate the bass in my mixes. I really have not found that to be a big issue however, and my mixes have been coming out very good. I couldn't be happier with their clarity and transparency.

Tom

[This message has been edited by tld (edited November 20, 2000).]