PDA

View Full Version : Reverse?

Transducr
11-18-2000, 05:21 AM
Hi! Does anyone know if there is perhaps an undocumented "secret" way (or perhaps a blatantly documented that i just missed-way) to get a session to play/record in reverse?

thanks!

crowdog
11-18-2000, 11:46 AM
transducr - you can highlight any region with the selector & then process with audiosuite "reverse" plug-in that comes stock with PT software ...... if you need more than one track or all tracks just create a group that includes the tracks that you want to process or you can do it one at a time if that suits you.

A cool way I've used it was to :
- take the sustaining bass/guitar note/chords at the end of a tune and define a region
- then Apple-D for duplicate
- move the region to the front of the tune
- then process with "reverse" AS plug
- then do a fade in over the length of the region, to max volume at downbeat of the "real" beginning

It make a pretty interesting start!
FWIW,
Tony

Transducr
11-18-2000, 08:21 PM
Yeah, i guess, i should've mentioned besides audiosuite. i was hoping to find a "real-time" solution for recording backwards...rather than bouncing the mix to disk audiosuite reversing it, playing to it, reversing the tracks you lay to it and mixing them with the original sesion...it's just a pain in the ass.
y'know like when hit shift+space and it plays half speed? something like that only it plays in reverse...
thanks for the reply though!

NY909
11-20-2000, 09:32 AM
Am I bugging out or is this imposssible? Recording in reverse would require you to know what the end is before it happens!

As far as playing in reverse..scrubbing is the only way in PT I can think of.

mike connelly
11-22-2000, 08:49 AM
Reverse play/record would be a great feature. I'd love to see it, but I imagine it would be pretty low on digi's list of priorities (and we know how long it takes to get new features in).