PDA

View Full Version : Plugins and Memory Locations

Scotty
08-22-2000, 09:12 AM
Can someone please tell me why, when I'm using certain plugins, like Waves Q-10 for example, I have no use of my single key commands, or memory locations? Is anyone else stumped by this? Some plugins work fine when open, I can work as usual, but others, I have to close their window to get control back. What's up with that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Przemek
08-23-2000, 12:24 AM
Yes - some plug-ins (Waves among others) allow direct entry of parameters and this is why typing 3 (record) always sets level on L1 http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif
Przemek.

DigiDawg
08-27-2000, 05:28 AM
Scotty,

If it's the Waves Q10 that's causing you to lose the single key command,I think your encountering something that I've had to deal with. Each time you play with a Waves parameter, make sure you hit the Return key to perform a PT function. Otherwise, Waves is the active medium, not Pro Tools. This is unique to Waves plug-ins in my experience.

Hope that helps,

DigiDawg

blairl
08-28-2000, 09:50 AM
As far as I know it's not only Waves plug-in's but all plug-ins that allow numeric entry.

Scotty
08-28-2000, 11:25 AM
Thank you guys very much. Of course, as soon as I posted this topic, I figured it out for myself. What a brain surgeon hah? Anyway, thanks for the help. Good luck to all,

-Scott