PDA

View Full Version : DAE (-9019) or (-9073) doesn´t run

carvegra
06-29-2000, 12:28 AM
For Digi Tech Supt
Topic: DAE (-9019) or (-9073) doesn’t run.

I have been using Digi 001 for Windows 98 for a week. Everything seems to work fine but yesterday when I tried to use Demo or Sessions I was given an error message like this ‘DAE was unable to complete this operation. Your disk may be too slow or too fragmented (-9019) or (-9073)’..I consider this is not possible because my computer has the following features:
Windows 98 SE
Adaptec SCSI Card 2940 U2W
FUJITSU SCSI U2W 9G
1.Partition 1,9 G System Drive;
2.Partition 6,5 G for audio drive
FAT 32 and periodically defragmented
Pentium III 700
256 Mb RAM PC – 100
Motherboard Gigabyte BX 2000+ ATX
Award Bios, in the appropriate page of the BIOS setup PCI Parity doesn’t appear.
Intel Chipset 440 BX
ATI Rage 8 Mb AGP Card
CDRW 8424 YAMAHA SCSI

Since then Pro tools LE has sometimes run and sometimes hasn’t. Please, Can Digi Engineering or anyone help me?

P.S. I’ll not able to answer you immediately because I don’t know English and another person has to translate my questions into English.

brittmct
06-29-2000, 04:54 AM
I am having the same problem and have tried just about everything. I think it has something to do with the boot-up time on the SCSI drive. I bet your drives are internal... right? Today I will try a dedicated Seagate Cheatah on my external SCSI bus. If this does not work, the next step is a certified SCSI controller card.

carvegra
06-30-2000, 12:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by brittmct:
I am having the same problem and have tried just about everything. I think it has something to do with the boot-up time on the SCSI drive. I bet your drives are internal... right? Today I will try a dedicated Seagate Cheatah on my external SCSI bus. If this does not work, the next step is a certified SCSI controller card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you.
My drives are internal. I´m going to do the same you told me next weekend.
I´ll answer you as soon as possible.
Thanks.

DigiTechSupt
07-03-2000, 10:01 PM
carvegra
If you get these errors during playback of the
Demo sessions, but can play back sessions
that you record, try removing the
"r" registered trademark from the Pro Tools demo sessions folder. This is a known issue.
removing the "r" will fix that problem.
MJ
Digidesign tech support

carvegra
07-04-2000, 04:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TechSupt:
carvegra
"r" registered trademark from the Pro Tools demo sessions folder. This is a known issue.
MJ
Digidesign tech support<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks.I consider this is not possible because "r" remobing. My problem is the 2ª partition for audio Drive SCSI (Fujitsu U2Wide LVD) in the 1º partititon not.
P.S. I’ll not able to answer you immediately because I don’t know English and another person has to translate my questions into English.

[This message has been edited by carvegra (edited July 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by carvegra (edited July 06, 2000).]

carvegra
07-06-2000, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TechSupt:
carvegra
MJ
Digidesign tech support<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Digi Tech Suport.
I consider this is not possible because "r" is remobing before.
My problem is the 2º partition for audio Drive SCSI Fujitsu LVD U2Wide.
In 1º partitition pro Tools running.

------------------
CARLOS

philippec
08-14-2000, 05:43 AM
I have exatly the same Problem but my systeme run with IDE Drive Maxtor Maxx 40 Plus,
Some day everithing seem worked,
We have changed almost all hardware on this computer:
Hard disk-Motherboard-ram-etc-verifing Dma and co..Never this problem disappear,
I'll try with Samplitude2496 and Cakewalk 9.0 and I obtain 74 Track,so I think that my systeme are enough powerfull.
PIII 667 Ram 256 Mb
Maxtor Maxx plus 40 7200 tr 2Mb Cache
Ilyama 17
Tnt 32 Mb Display
Motherboard Msi Bx440 / 133 Mhz
Please, Can Digi Engineering or anyone help me?

definitively <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by carvegra:
For Digi Tech Supt
Topic: DAE (-9019) or (-9073) doesn’t run.

I have been using Digi 001 for Windows 98 for a week. Everything seems to work fine but yesterday when I tried to use Demo or Sessions I was given an error message like this ‘DAE was unable to complete this operation. Your disk may be too slow or too fragmented (-9019) or (-9073)’..I consider this is not possible because my computer has the following features:
Windows 98 SE
Adaptec SCSI Card 2940 U2W
FUJITSU SCSI U2W 9G
1.Partition 1,9 G System Drive;
2.Partition 6,5 G for audio drive
FAT 32 and periodically defragmented
Pentium III 700
256 Mb RAM PC – 100
Motherboard Gigabyte BX 2000+ ATX
Award Bios, in the appropriate page of the BIOS setup PCI Parity doesn’t appear.
Intel Chipset 440 BX
ATI Rage 8 Mb AGP Card
CDRW 8424 YAMAHA SCSI

Since then Pro tools LE has sometimes run and sometimes hasn’t. Please, Can Digi Engineering or anyone help me?

P.S. I’ll not able to answer you immediately because I don’t know English and another person has to translate my questions into English.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jief
10-07-2000, 02:15 PM
I've this problem too !!!

------------------

DigiTechSupt
10-09-2000, 03:30 PM
philippec, carvegra and others
In the Adaptec Bios (upon boot enter the SCSI Bios) and set the synch rate to (10)
save changes and go into Pro Tools. Run your session. Let me know if that fixes the 9073.
Usually this card defaults to 40 in the SCSI bios for the 2940, 3940.
MJ
Digidesign tech Support.

[This message has been edited by TechSupt (edited October 09, 2000).]

xashna
10-09-2000, 06:09 PM
Please Techs,
The hadrware issue for PC users is really important so... Try to give some detailed specifics!!! Before buying your devices we need to know if the hardware we own is appropriate... Give us a List of compatibility. I read that in the states your digi001 (for instance) is already at 650$ more or less... In italy it still costs more than 900$!!! Please take care of users...

BCBud
10-09-2000, 06:20 PM
I had this problem, but it was just because I installed the demo fast and didn't see that the default directory was on the C: drive. When I installed to my D: partition it worked fine.
I only have one internal IDE drive, for now, on a PII 400 and am still able to get a few tracks.

carvegra
10-11-2000, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TechSupt:
[B]philippec, carvegra and others
In the Adaptec Bios (upon boot enter the SCSI Bios) and set the synch rate to (10)
save changes and go into Pro Tools. Run your session. Let me know if that fixes the 9073.
Usually this card defaults to 40 in the SCSI bios for the 2940, 3940.
MJ
Digidesign tech Support.

Thanks Digidesign tech support,MJ,

After formating the hard disk twice and changing the IRQ (Slot PCI-BUS), my Adaptec SCSI card 2940 U2W has worked fine and Portools LE hasn´t given any error again since then.
I´ll bear your advise in mind if i had the problem again.

------------------
CARLOS

[This message has been edited by carvegra (edited October 11, 2000).]

dj_czech
07-26-2001, 06:46 PM
when you change the sync rate to 10 in your scsi bios for the adaptec scsi card, it totally worked for me.........no more 9073 messages.
thank god and
thnx to digi support

cz images/icons/grin.gif