PDA

View Full Version : Option Clicking for Multiple Sends??

kevinmac
03-06-2002, 08:16 AM
Here's a quick question: When we're assigned a plug-in to every channel, it's quite easy--just hold the option button and assign the plug-in on the ProControl main unit, and it pops up in every channel. If we do the same thing for a send (for example, in order to set up headphone submixes quickly), it doesn't work--only the send on the channel you're working on comes up. The option key on the ProControl doesn't seem to work for this, to have sends pop up for every channel.

Of course, doing this on a regular keyboard works fine, but we can't get it to work on the ProControl itself. Any ideas?

--kevinmac

Stan Cotey
03-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Which Pro Tools version are you using? Also, which OS? I have no problem getting this to work here with 5.1.1 on Mac OS 9.1. On ProControl, while in assign mode for sends, hold down the Option key, choose the destination on the first channel and hit the blinking assign key.

Regards,

Stan Cotey
Product Manager, control surfaces

kevinmac
03-11-2002, 04:56 PM
Tried it again today, and it's not working. I'm using 5.3, the beta profile for PC. Any ideas?

Again, it works fine when setting multiple plug-ins up--you can load them on every track with the option key, but NOT sends.

Thanks for your help...

--kevinmac

Stan Cotey
03-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I just tried it here with 5.3 and it worked well for me. Let's double check the steps involved:
1) Select the send you want to assign from the left section of ProControl
2) Hit the Assign button
3) Press and hold the Opt(Alt)All key
4) While holding the Opt key, select the send's destination with the encoder on channel strip 1
5) Release the Opt(Alt)All key and press the flashing channel strip assign button to keep the assignment

It's important to continue holding the Opt(Alt)All key while you are making the selection.

If this still doesn't work for you, e-mail me at [email protected] with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Regards,

Stan

kevinmac
03-15-2002, 07:48 AM
You're right, I'm wrong. I was doing it from the center section only, the way you can assign plug-ins there. It works fine, although I should say that my ProControl flips out about once a day in 5.3 (and Edit Pack--even the USB shuts off) and I have to restart everything. Any idea when an actual firmware for 5.3/PC will be released, instead of the beta?

Thanks again...

--kevinmac

Chris Lambrechts
03-15-2002, 02:41 PM
we installed a new PC / faderpack / editpack together with the HD - PT 5.3 last week. Together with it I put in the beta firmware for the PC which was on the 5.3 installer CD.

Everything has been working perfect ... I remember on initial install and download of the beta soft that one fader on the main unit went dead, but a recall fixed that imediately and it has been working without a single hickup ever since.

Stan Cotey
03-16-2002, 12:57 AM
The Beta designation on the firmware is only there because we put it out quickly and informally and it wasn't part of a standard software release. It has been thoroughly tested and as far as I know, it should be completely stable. I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with it. Are you doing anything in particular or does it just happen randomly? Is anyone else out there experiencing this?