PDA

View Full Version : mixing in DTS surround

postboy
12-07-2000, 08:00 PM
Ok,

Here is the first (and most important thing) in my opinion...

Get yourself a monitor control right away.

I use the Martinsound Multimax. It (or something like it) cannot be understated when mixing in ANY surround format. It will handle any format to SDDS(7.1)

Other than that, if you provide more info (i.e. console, monitors,software, etc...)
I might be able to help more.

Good luck...

postboy

agus
12-08-2000, 01:36 AM
Can anyone out there ,who has a set up for recording in surround, help me? We are about to set our system up for surround (particularly DTS). How are the outputs set up to the DTS equipment???

Any advice or input is appreciated>

Allan

agus
12-08-2000, 10:56 AM
Well, as far as set up... Pro Tools with 2-888's and 24 fader Pro Control. Genelec monitors.... simple setup.
Having never had this room set up for surround, I'm curious where the Martin gear falls into the picture? Shouldn't the ProControl work for my monitoring?
Done thousands of stereo mixes in this room but this upcoming feature requires DTS encoding. DTS is suppling the hardware... wondering how we will interface it with the 888's. It's simple but looking for more info.

JKD99
12-08-2000, 12:15 PM
Hi Agus
Just patch into the DTS tower thru your patchbay. The 6-track (5.1) outputs from your 888 will feed both the ProControl Monitor 2 Input and the L,C,R,Ls,Rs,Boom inputs of the DTS tower. Calibrate your room at 85db, and mix away. Good Luck!

------------------
Joe Milner
Puget Sound
Los Angeles