PDA

View Full Version : Cubase -Protools settings ---HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!

Peter Martin
01-30-2000, 12:29 AM
Hi there
My name is Pete Martin and I have just aquired a Protools digi 001 system.I want to make Protools the MASTER and Cubase the SLAVE ....How do i do this????Could someone please send me the setting for Protools and Cubase.
Bear in mind that i am running Audio in Cubase as well.Many thanks Pete.......

lwilliam
01-31-2000, 10:05 AM
I would be surprised if you can run audio in both Cubase and PT at the same time. I believe you have to disable audio in Cubase to get it to run with any audio app. I think you will get a conflict with two applications trying to access the same 001 interface. I could be wrong, but if there's is a way to do this, I'd also be interested.

I've managed to get all the outputs working with Cubase/001, but I can only get inputs 1 and 2 working. If you've solved that problem, let me know.

------------------
LW

[This message has been edited by lwilliam (edited January 31, 2000).]

[Benjamin]
02-05-2000, 05:32 PM
ok, create an iac-bus with OMS to sync them, set internal settings in the two programs to configure master/slav.. About audio, I can get cubase to use the internal audio in the mac and PT to use the external, that works, so you should be able to use another sound card for cubase, but probably not them sharing the same card, however, you should be able, somehow, to send the cubase outs to PT aux-ins, I'd think.. (Anyways, I think it's a much brighter Idea just to use one of the apps so you can use all that CPU-juice for good stuff (like more plugs, sure, if you want to use cubase for midi (which isn't necesary anymore, thanx digi) do, but save it as a midi file and import it into protools, that works a treat!

------------------
[HYPERSONIC]