PDA

View Full Version : Level imbalances - phase problem?

PTPerson
07-24-2000, 10:49 PM
I have purchased a second hand PC with wiring looms, and have noticed an imbalance in the audio i/o of the procontrol. Is this is a symptom of the pin reversal situation mentioned elsewhere on this forum, or another little bug? The imbalance occurs across all the inputs and outputs of the PC.

Help please....I am putting this room into action soon.

Thanks

DigiTechSupt
07-25-2000, 02:57 PM
PTPerson
Can you explain how you are seeing the
imbalance of the I/O in PC? Is it in the
Main out Monitoring below the 9 oclock postition? Please clarify.
Thanks
MJ
Digidesign Tech Support

PTPerson
07-25-2000, 04:24 PM
Hi There,

After calibrating VUs we found a 1/2 DB difference between L/R of all of the outputs of the ProControl, after thinking it was only out of the 5/6 outputs (checking VUs and also headphone levels) we connected the VUs to all of the outputs and found the same problem.

Tested with the signal generator plug in set at -18db to align VUs at 0db.

Thanks http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

PTPerson
07-25-2000, 04:26 PM
PS

The level imbalance is for the whole travel of the pots, ie from 7oclock to 5 oclock

Thanks Again

DigiTechSupt
07-26-2000, 08:37 AM
PTPerson
Question, did you make your own cables
or did you buy DB-25 sub cables. Going to a patch bay? On Pro Control Main meters (LED's)
do you also see the imbalance? Please call into Tech Support for further trouble shooting. 650-842-6699
MJ
Digidesign tech Support

PTPerson
07-26-2000, 04:01 PM
Hi,

The cables are a stock cable, the main PC meters are showing perfect balance, and all meters in Protools are also showing perfect balance, the imbalance is on the ProControl Outputs.

Thanks