PDA

View Full Version : Procontrol and talkback

gizmo
07-24-2000, 09:57 AM
It would be great if a menu were added that would allow a choice about talkback in 5.1 mode. The choices that would be helpful would be to brea the path from talkback to aux out, but allow it to go to slate/dub. or allow tb to aux in 5.1 mode. the way that we set it up, when you go to 5.1 mode and hit tb you feedback from center sub. this is because of the way that PC uses the aux outputs in surr.
brian

gk
07-25-2000, 05:51 PM
Thanks Gizmo,

This has been fixed in PT 5.0.1.

-GK

Greg Malcangi
07-27-2000, 01:29 AM
Hi gk,

<< This has been fixed in PT 5.0.1. >>

I'm using 5.0.1 and I didn't realize this had been fixed. Can you tell me how it's been fixed and how I move the talkback channel?

Thanks,

Greg

DigiTechSupt
07-27-2000, 08:24 AM
Greg
Talkback is not routed to outputs 5&6 when slate selected in surround mode. Im not sure what you mean by "how I move the talkback
channel", Do you want to send the talkback
to outputs other than 5&6?
MJ
Digidesign Tech Support

Greg Malcangi
07-29-2000, 05:04 AM
Hi MJ,

<< Do you want to send the talkback
to outputs other than 5&6? >>

Yes! For PT5.0 I have had to run channels 5&6 through a patchbay so that I can route the signal to either my monitors (for surround) or my talkback amp. If I could get talkback from a different audio output on the PC from the 6 surround audio outputs then I wouldn't need a patchbay in my monitor chain and I wouldn't have to keep repatching.

Is there a solution I'm missing?

Thanks,

Greg

gk
07-30-2000, 02:45 PM
Hi Greg,

If you go to Utility>Monitor>Talkback and check SLATE, the Talkback signal will be present at the SLATE/DUB outputs. Those are the ones you should be using for talkback becaues with SLATE checked, the talkback is always present, regardless of the Monitor Mode. Hope that solves your problem.

-GK

Greg Malcangi
07-31-2000, 03:58 AM
Hi GK,

Sounds like the solution I've been looking for, I'll give it a go.

Thanks,

Greg

gizmo
08-08-2000, 09:36 AM
i am a little confused. how does a new version of PT change menus in PC? is there a firmware upgrade as well for PC?
Thanks
Brian