PDA

View Full Version : Just received my used Pro Control

PTPerson
07-17-2000, 03:40 PM
Hi guys,

We just received a used Pro Control however I think it has some fader problems and if someone could enlighten me i'd really appreciate it!.

It seems that when i start it up first thing in the morning not all faders are working and after about 1/2 an hour testing, recaling etc they spring to life then seem to work OK until the next morning where I have to do it all again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DigiTechSupt
07-17-2000, 03:50 PM
PTperson
Is the Pro Control sitting at a steep angle?
Or any angle? What version of Pro Tools are you using? What faders are affected?
MJ
Digidesign Tech Support

George Cumbee
07-17-2000, 03:55 PM
As has been noted in past posts, there have been some issues with the faders.

I have only had a couple act up from time to time, usually #8. Recal usually cleared. Not a daily thing by any means.

I did have a sticky one on one of our faders packs. I took it apart and found the problem. It is OK now.

I would say you have another issue that you need to talk with tech-support directly about.

George Cumbee
Classic Recording, Franklin, KY www.classicrecording.com (http://www.classicrecording.com)

PTPerson
07-17-2000, 04:50 PM
The PC is sitting perfectly horizontal. We have tried it with with 4.3 and 5.0, and the problems we are experiencing are as follows -

When we first started the PC this morning, only alternate faders snapped up and down. After playing with the test utilities all the faders responded, however fader 6 is intermittent and will just not operate without any change to setup. Occasionally, fader 4 will do the same.

Faders 5-8 feel much "heavier" than the first four faders. Resetting the PC does not have any impact on this. Fader 6 is consistently heavier than all the faders, and in the "Step" test mode responds very sluggishly. At slow fader speeds, that fader also is "jittery".

The weird thing about all this is that it will act all buggy and then with no apparent action all will be well (with exception of the fader "feel").

In addition there is a slight different in luminance of the strips in the DSP control section. Minor but noticeable.

Here are the numbers that I have been able to ascertain off of the machine in regards to the firmware versions

MSW v001
TRS v001
ALG v001
Machine Serial #kH0043200a

Thanks very much for your speedy reply - we were very impressed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

DigiTechSupt
07-18-2000, 08:26 AM
PTPerson
If you have already done a factory reset,
recalibration, are running Pro Tools 5.0.1,
Pro Control Firmware ver 1.0.9,
5.0.1 has a fix for faders going off line
and are having multiple faders that do not respond, and then at some time
Pro Control starts working then I think
we may need to have you call into tech support. Give me a call and we can go from there. 650-842-6699
MJ ( Mark )
Digidesign Tech Support

[This message has been edited by TechSupt (edited July 18, 2000).]

PTPerson
07-18-2000, 05:05 PM
Thanks again for the speedy reply - but I think that I should have mentioned that I am in Australia.

I'm just waiting for tech support in Japan to get online.

Further info though for your interest - I turned on the machine again this morning with the same problem, but it seems that the longer that I leave the machine on continually seems to alleviate the problem to some extent.

Hopefully Geoff in Japan may shed some light.

Thanks again for all your help.