PDA

View Full Version : Song Length?

doc22
12-01-1999, 03:41 PM
I have a song that is 116 measures long. Before final mix it was 136. PT still recognizes it at that length. I've tried everything I can to get it to the proper length, including looking for ghost regions, creating a new audio track and dragging each region from the playlist. There are no regions over 116. What I finally did was to duplicate each track with AudioSuite, made a copy of the Audio File folder from the first song and drug it into the new song folder. Then I trashed all the Regions except the dupes in the new song, and trashed all the dupe regions in the old song. When I opened the new song and imported the dupe files, low-and-behold, the new song was 116.

Is there an easier way? Out of all the material I've written in PT. I've never had this problem.

BeigeG3/PT 4.3.2/d24/bit3 expansion chassis/ 2 farms. The system runs great.

Thanks in advance,

Doc22

Steve MacMillan
12-01-1999, 08:28 PM
Most likely you had an automation breakpoint out at bar 136. Globally toggle thru all the automation display modes and see. Delete it if it is not needed.

sm

doc22
12-03-1999, 07:02 AM
Steve,

Thanks for the advice. That will save me headaches in the future. For the life of me< I couldn't find that info in any PT documentation.

Doc