PDA

View Full Version : Best Chorus/Flange Plug In?

Zep Dude
11-19-1999, 06:22 AM
I'm just wondering what people are using not just for chorus/flange but general multi effects. I have the Waves Pro FX Bundle (Meta Flange, Multi Tap etc) but am not blown away. The flanger especially sounds thin and phasy (in a bad way). The other option is to just get an external TC, Lexicon or Eventide unit and bus out digitally. Has anyone found a plugin they feel competes with a good quality external unit?

Thanks

Steve MacMillan
11-19-1999, 07:16 AM
The TC Chorus/Flanger plug-in sounds very good.

sm

Camilo Orozco
11-19-1999, 07:53 AM
Try UltraTools from Wavemechanics, this guys were from eventide team. This plugs realy blow you away.

Good luck!
Camilo

Disco_Doctor
11-19-1999, 04:01 PM
Hey Zep! I've managed to get pretty decent results from Metaflanger. I get better results with the "tape" button turned off. Give that a try.

If you definitely don't dig Metaflanger, then Ultratools is another good choice. Soundblender will definitely create soom cool effects. It's not an easy plugin to operate - you have to tweak a lot of different settings to get it happening - but it's worth the hassle. It's like having an H3000 in your Pro Tools rig.

http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Stratman
11-19-1999, 05:07 PM
I love adding Maxxbass in the insert chain after effects that sound thin. Works great on verbs as well. It's worth checking out.

El Guapo
11-19-1999, 08:39 PM
I have the TC, RedSpyder, etc. but my vote is for the WaveMechanics - it's really Groovy!
The depth is incredible.

Rob Macomber
11-20-1999, 05:58 AM
Yes...WaveMechanics....Soundblender Rules!! It Just takes an entire DSP chip in a mix setup!! I am anxious to hear the new waves Meta-Flanger though. I bet if you got these 2 you would be covered.

Rob

Steve MacMillan
11-21-1999, 06:00 PM
Both Wavemechanics and the Metaflanger sound cool for heavy flanging. For the smoothest, widest chorus I still vote for the TC.

sm