PDA

View Full Version : 48Khz to 44.1Khz

Sutee Sangsareechon
10-31-1999, 07:56 AM
What's the best converter software to transfer 48Khz to 44.1Khz? Please help...

[Benjamin]
10-31-1999, 03:40 PM
I honestly don't know. But I tend to use protools, with the tweakhead setting (if you need to maintain superior sonics). I asume you have a session with all the audiotracks asigned and ready to go. Create a new session, set it up to 44.1 and whatelse. Use the import and convert audiofiles option. Select all the audiofiles you want to convert, and go, but before you do that, consolidate the old session so that you only import the audiotracks you are actually using, since this may take a while. (you may wanna bounce some aswell first, to avoid having to convert to much audiofiles)
(Recently I converted 2 hours of stereo this way, and it did take aprox 14 hours.)

------------------
[HYPERSONIC]

Stratman
10-31-1999, 08:32 PM
When I have to convert a bunch of tracks, I set the conversion to Tweakhead, and do the "Import and Convert" in a new session and then I leave for the night and come back the next day to my fresh files.

Some people like Covert Pro in the Waves bundle

Sutee Sangsareechon
11-01-1999, 12:54 AM
Thanks benjamin and startman
Tweakhead mode take very longtime to convert I sure sound should be good, Wave convertor faster than protools. I don't know which one make the best sound. anyone have chance to compare with your golden ears. please let me know. http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif)