PDA

View Full Version : stereo/mono send question

dw
10-30-1999, 10:27 AM
I have a biginner question for you all. I'm want to create a send from an mono audio track
to a TDM reverb inserted on a stereo aux....should I send it through a stereo bus ( that's
what i've been doing ) or a mono bus send will yield the same result. For exaample from
my snare track, i create a stereo send ( bus 1-2 ) to the Lexiverb inserted on an setereo
aux. The Digi manual suggest that a mono send ( bus1 ) will do the trick. I hear it giving
the same result but I thought by bussing out from bus 1 into the bus 1-2 of my reverb aux
then the snare reverb will be panned left !!!! THanks

Earjamin
10-31-1999, 02:24 AM
I would check it out both ways and see what the results are! If you don't have anything else inserted on the aux, use a mono aux.
It will change to stereo out when you insert the verb, and it will solve your input problem! Good Luck! Let me know what you find out!

[Benjamin]
11-01-1999, 03:11 PM
err, if your source is mono, then you set up a mono aux bus (which will be stereo out as soon as you've inserted a mono/stereo effect (such as TC mega or whatever)

If you set up a stereo aux bus to use stereoreverb from stereo-sources (or if you want true stereo positioning from the send) don't forget to turn off the cross-thingy switch in your reverb(s)

------------------
[HYPERSONIC]