PDA

View Full Version : help. can't open old pt sesion

pyro
10-23-1999, 08:25 AM
the following has changed sence last time sesion was opened. pt-- upgraded from 4.3 to 4.3.1 waves from 2.6 to 2.7 with new dae 3.4f9 and all that goes with it. when I try to open sesion protools crashes and says type 3 error has occured. would be happy to open without plug in if I knew how to get rid of them before I open sesion. they rebuild themselves when i trow away plugs for that sesion. How can I just get raw tracks to load????????????

coaster
10-23-1999, 08:39 AM
i believe type 3 errors are code calls for a machine you are not running/i.e. a ppc code calling for a 68k subroutine. i have these errors once in a while, esp. after installing new software. when this is the case, i have inadvertantly installed a conflicting extention. after removing said blasted extention i yell at microsoft for causing me a bad day. even if it's not a microsoft product. they need yellin'

pyro
10-23-1999, 09:14 AM
coaster. How can I figure out what the conflicting extenion is? any advise on how to trouble shoot problem? Or how to open session with nothing but raw tracks

benderbro
10-23-1999, 07:30 PM
this is a shot in the dark but, what if you opened the session in PowerMix?

pyro
10-25-1999, 07:01 AM
speer..thanks alot, I did what you said and was finally able to open session. been trying to open for a week....thanks again... PYRO

pyro
10-25-1999, 07:02 AM
speer..thanks alot, I did what you said and was finally able to open session. been trying to open for a week....thanks again... PYRO