PDA

View Full Version : Batch Renaming only renaming clip, not disk file

polyh3dron
02-28-2018, 04:41 PM
In Pro Tools 2018.1.0, I'm doing a substantial amount of batch renaming of clips right now, only to find that the only thing getting renamed is the clips, not the actual audio files. Only way I can get the disk file names to reflect this is by manually renaming each clip afterwards.

Is there some kind of setting I'm not aware of that will allow batch renaming clips to affect the actual audio files as well? And yes, these clips have bolded names in the clip list. No handles on them.

BScout
02-28-2018, 05:02 PM
No. They purposefully made it clips only with no option to make it file name. :mad:

Solution is to batch rename "clips" then while still having all the files selected, shift+command+r to rename selected files but just hit enter for every clip. That transfers the clip name to the file name as long as it is a complete file. A tedious step.

weezul
07-25-2019, 01:49 PM
glad I found this thread.

The one time I want to use Batch Rename.... thanks for the tip it got me sorted right out. Another mind-boggling mishap, why not add a check box like in regular rename?!

abc1mce2
07-28-2019, 10:15 AM
No. They purposefully made it clips only with no option to make it file name. :mad:

Solution is to batch rename "clips" then while still having all the files selected, shift+command+r to rename selected files but just hit enter for every clip. That transfers the clip name to the file name as long as it is a complete file. A tedious step.

Remember he's talking about whole files here. If you have parts (Separated clips) of the whole file (Clip) in a session and the whole file is no longer in use on a track but still in the clip bin, you must also rename the whole file cause if you don't the whole file will still show the old name in your audio files folder.