PDA

View Full Version : Insert Box Slow To Show

indeloon85
02-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Anyone experiencing this on PT 2018.1 HD?

Every time I go to add a plugin and click the insert, Pro Tools waits a couple of seconds then opens the insert box for me to pick my plugs. Its a bit of a drag since this will interrupt workflow consistently.

12.8.3 did not seem to have this problem. I currently have both installed on my system and when I jump back to 12.8.3, the insert box pops up fine. Why would this change in 2018.1, and is there a fix for this?

System:
Macbook Pro 2.6 Late-2012
16gb RAM
1tb SSD
PT 2018.1 HD

indeloon85
02-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Anyone else getting this?

john1192
02-04-2018, 07:23 AM
Anyone else getting this?

not here, any particular PLugin or plugin type or manufacturer that you are trying to open ?? does this happen in existing sessions ?? how about a fresh blank session, one audio track ?? tossing prefs, does this cahnge anything ??

what other troubleshooting have you tried ??

indeloon85
02-04-2018, 11:40 AM
not here, any particular PLugin or plugin type or manufacturer that you are trying to open ?? does this happen in existing sessions ?? how about a fresh blank session, one audio track ?? tossing prefs, does this cahnge anything ??

what other troubleshooting have you tried ??

It's not on a plugin, just the Insert box, (ie. when you click any of the inserts) will take about 5 seconds to pull up the box to pull up the box to then choose your plugin.

I've tried it on existing and new sessions, even blank ones and still get the delay. Once the box is open though, choosing your plugin happens at normal speed.

I've tossed preferences, and reinstalled 2018.1, still getting the same issue.

It's almost like the "track presets" part affects this because it doesn't happen in 12.8.3, and only since I have created the track presets for 2018.1

indeloon85
02-04-2018, 11:46 AM
I may have found the issue...

I moved the "track presets" that I created to the trash, and just have left the "Avid" folder with the default track presets. This seemed to have sped up the task of displaying the insert box. Still not as quick as 12.8.3, but much more tolerable.

Any idea as to what could be causing this from user created presets in 2018.1?

And is there a possible workaround?

john1192
02-04-2018, 11:52 AM
I may have found the issue...

I moved the "track presets" that I created to the trash, and just have left the "Avid" folder with the default track presets. This seemed to have sped up the task of displaying the insert box. Still not as quick as 12.8.3, but much more tolerable.

Any idea as to what could be causing this from user created presets in 2018.1?

And is there a possible workaround?

ok, i did not ask What PLugin .. i asked what plugin you might be trying to open when opening the Insert Window .. to see if there was a tie between trying to open the EQ or Comp, etc part od the insert assign window ..sorry for any confusion i caused you ..

and i have USER track presets in my system and it does not slow down on me .. something is up on your system .. wish i could recreate it for you .. if my system srtarts to slow down i will come back and post

indeloon85
02-04-2018, 12:03 PM
ok, i did not ask What PLugin .. i asked what plugin you might be trying to open when opening the Insert Window .. to see if there was a tie between trying to open the EQ or Comp, etc part od the insert assign window ..sorry for any confusion i caused you ..

and i have USER track presets in my system and it does not slow down on me .. something is up on your system .. wish i could recreate it for you .. if my system srtarts to slow down i will come back and post

Figured it out!!! I'm an idiot. For some reason, there was a folder in the track presets folder that shouldn't have been in there. Wow, that would have caused a lot less confusion on my end if I had just LOOKED in the damn folder!

Thank you for your help John!!

john1192
02-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Figured it out!!! I'm an idiot. For some reason, there was a folder in the track presets folder that shouldn't have been in there. Wow, that would have caused a lot less confusion on my end if I had just LOOKED in the damn folder!

Thank you for your help John!!

oh good deal .. nice troubleshooting !!! cheers