PDA

View Full Version : Dock monitor control

LukeHoward
12-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Using a Dock to control the MTRX monitor section, is there a way to select sources/outputs or is it only possible to control volume/cut?

EddieJones
12-16-2017, 08:32 PM
We want to expand this in a release next year so it works similar to S6

LukeHoward
12-16-2017, 10:03 PM
We want to expand this in a release next year so it works similar to S6

Great, happy to beta test.

Artis
12-17-2017, 01:02 AM
That's great news Eddie! Hate to switch apps mid session to check how fold down works, for example. Wouldn't mind to beta as well!

dalonso66
01-04-2018, 10:20 AM
I have an Omni. Is there any way to get the the Dock's monitor control to control the Omni's monitor level? I'm guessing no, but thought'd I'd ask ;)

LukeHoward
05-31-2018, 05:32 PM
I've developed an iOS app for remote controlling the monitor section in the MTRX and AX32. Email me if you would like to beta test – email address is hello@<my DUC ID>.com.

EddieJones
06-06-2018, 07:18 AM
I have an Omni. Is there any way to get the the Dock's monitor control to control the Omni's monitor level? I'm guessing no, but thought'd I'd ask ;)

Unfortunately not, I looked at this a few years back but the hardware didn't have the correct control inputs.

MrDibS
07-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Question about the upcoming monitor control updated. Can you give us some hints as to what is being developed?

For instance, if a Dock owner could get a great deal on an XMon, would you recommend he/she buy it? :D

EddieJones
07-24-2018, 09:31 AM
The new Monitoring for the Dock/iPad will control XMON just as well as S6 does so yes this is one of the best Monitoring solutions without going to a MTRX. The control of XMON is MIDI so you will need a spare MIDI I/O port (or a USB to MIDI adapter) and a new cable for the MIDI connection into the XMON, this you can either make yourself or purchase the kit from Avid ($350 inc USB-MIDI). The XMON EUCON App runs on your Workstation and is included free in the EuControl installer.

MrDibS
07-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Beautiful. Thanks you for the heads up.

Do you have an ETA or space in your beta program?

LukeHoward
07-24-2018, 07:57 PM
For those using the MTRX who can't wait: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mom/id1387772808

MrDibS
07-26-2018, 08:54 AM
The new Monitoring for the Dock/iPad will control XMON just as well as S6 does so yes this is one of the best Monitoring solutions without going to a MTRX. The control of XMON is MIDI so you will need a spare MIDI I/O port (or a USB to MIDI adapter) and a new cable for the MIDI connection into the XMON, this you can either make yourself or purchase the kit from Avid ($350 inc USB-MIDI). The XMON EUCON App runs on your Workstation and is included free in the EuControl installer.

Can you confirm that this will include mapping the footswitch to talkback?

EddieJones
07-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Yes

KPereira
10-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Hi there. Is there any plan to allow control of the JBL Intonato 24 from the Dock monitor knob?

EddieJones
10-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Technically we allow it.....but JBL would have to implement EUCON control into their products.

Fish Horse
11-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Hi Eddie en co,

According to the avid knowledge base:
"XMON software lets you control an XMON unit from a MC Pro/S5-MC, a EuControl controller (Artist Series, S3, or Dock), or even from standalone XMON software that runs on Mac or Windows computers"

Where can I assign buttons/knobs to control the x-mon sources, destinations and levels on the Artist Series, S3, or Dock?

In the manual there's nothing to be found except for an S6.
Has anyone successfully controlled an XMON via an S3?

LukeHoward
11-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Hi Eddie en co,

According to the avid knowledge base:
"XMON software lets you control an XMON unit from a MC Pro/S5-MC, a EuControl controller (Artist Series, S3, or Dock), or even from standalone XMON software that runs on Mac or Windows computers"

Where can I assign buttons/knobs to control the x-mon sources, destinations and levels on the Artist Series, S3, or Dock?

In the manual there's nothing to be found except for an S6.
Has anyone successfully controlled an XMON via an S3?

Pretty sure this is awaiting a EuControl update.

EddieJones
11-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Current software only allows for simple volume control. The upcoming release in December has full S6 style monitoring on the iPad Control App/Dock. New monitoring softkeys will allow switching from other surfaces like S3 too.

Artis
12-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Hi Eddie!
Can you explain a bit about footswitch input in Dock? What type of polarity / switching does it need? Looking to buy one for upcoming talkback via footswitch function.

This one for example will work? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PS3--korg-ps-3-momentary-footswitch-sustain-pedal

Best regards!

MrDibS
12-16-2018, 02:17 PM
Yes. Any normally open switch will work.

EddieJones
12-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Yes, what he said....normally open is best if buying new (although normally closed mostly works and worth a try if you already own one)

biomeccaopc
12-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Current software only allows for simple volume control. The upcoming release in December has full S6 style monitoring on the iPad Control App/Dock. New monitoring softkeys will allow switching from other surfaces like S3 too.
Is the upcoming December update going to work with Pro Tools version 12.8.1?

Also in PT 12.8, is there a way to get the monitor control to work? I can't find any way to assign it

Best,
Nick

EddieJones
12-18-2018, 07:06 AM
The new EUCON release will still work with PT12 but you won't get many of the new features.
The Monitor fader for PT was introduced in PT18.7

abc1mce2
12-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Current software only allows for simple volume control. The upcoming release in December has full S6 style monitoring on the iPad Control App/Dock. New monitoring softkeys will allow switching from other surfaces like S3 too.Is the new software update is still coming this month or has it been pushed back?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EddieJones
12-28-2018, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately whilst all the features were done we didn't feel it was stable enough to release, so we will give it a couple more weeks with beta testers and finalize early next year.

abc1mce2
12-29-2018, 05:59 AM
Unfortunately whilst all the features were done we didn't feel it was stable enough to release, so we will give it a couple more weeks with beta testers and finalize early next year.Thank you for the update. I'd rather have a stable release before new features any day....good call.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Matt82au
02-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Any news on this?

EddieJones
02-26-2019, 12:05 PM
Yes...we are nearly there now (finally!)

Matt82au
02-26-2019, 08:02 PM
ooh amazing timing for myself... keeping an eye out every day right now

abc1mce2
03-15-2019, 05:52 AM
Since it's the middle of the month I assume the new Dock and Pro Tools update will be release either close together or at the same time?

rprovideo
04-14-2019, 03:41 AM
Hi,
Has this happened? I’m holding back on buying an xmon for monitoring only because of this.
Thanks

EddieJones
04-15-2019, 11:14 AM
We showed this at the NAB show last week. The release is now 19.5 due in a few weeks.

Jamie Mac
04-16-2019, 03:54 AM
Will this also work with an xmon or only with the MTRX?

EddieJones
04-16-2019, 06:59 PM
It will work with any EUCON monitoring, MTRX, XMON, PT Master Fader, Nuendo, Cubase, Pyramix, SMP2(if anyone is still using it)

Matt82au
05-23-2019, 05:35 AM
I finally tried to have a crack at getting this running with an old blue X-Mon (our d-command died, and have been hoping to get this into action).

I followed the guide posted on the DUC here...
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400839

No luck, so checked our old Xmon cable and noticed Pin 11, 12, 3 and 4 had no through continuity, which seemed at odds to this guide. I then found this post on Gearslutz....

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/1128082-digidesign-d-command-x-mon-control-cable.html

This seems to confirm my thoughts, and I tried adjusting the Midi In and Out pins to 10 & 2, and 9 & 1. I then had MIDI information in and out of the X-Mon which I could see flashing when the iPad app was adjusting signals, BUT...

The X-Mon remained frozen on Mute, and could not unmute through any means (front button, the apple XMON app, or the iPad.)

I am a bit stuck about what to do here, so wanted to ensure that the Blue X-Mon is indeed supported, if there is any things to be aware of regarding pin layout discrepancy or other things to be aware of.

Thanks for your help! My Apogee Symphony just went down today as I was having a crack at this, so I am now without and volume control, so any advice would be amazing.

Best,
Matt

EddieJones
05-23-2019, 09:06 AM
It should work, the breakout cable on that DUC post is correct.

Matt82au
05-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Ill look into it again on Monday, can you think of any reason why my old Xmon cable had no continuity on pins 11 - 11, 12 - 12, 3 - 3, 4 - 4.

Thanks for the reply!

sjcollins92
06-09-2019, 01:10 PM
I Have 4 artist mix, ipad dock, and my xmon connected and locked, i wanted to know am i able to have monitoring in focus as well as protools 2019.5 without have to switch back in forth between apps............. I want to be able to push monitoring and my xmon is there, as well push mixer,channel,softkeys, and those functions show up............ as of now the only way is switching apps................... can anyone help me on this. Thanks

BScout
06-09-2019, 02:24 PM
I Have 4 artist mix, ipad dock, and my xmon connected and locked, i wanted to know am i able to have monitoring in focus as well as protools 2019.5 without have to switch back in forth between apps............. I want to be able to push monitoring and my xmon is there, as well push mixer,channel,softkeys, and those functions show up............ as of now the only way is switching apps................... can anyone help me on this. Thanks

Assign tab in Eucontrol.
Put the XMon application in focus and then lock "Monitor and Control Room" on the Assign tab.

sjcollins92
06-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Thanks for responding, I have done that when i put XMON in focus XMON is showing, but if i push Mixer,Tracks,Channel,or soft keys its blank and im in protools all faders are down until i unlock xmon in the assign tab

BScout
06-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Only the monitoring tab stays locked so you can control volume. And when you are on that monitoring tab, the side knobs control monitoring. Also the Monitor control knob on the Dock stays locked at all times so you can control volume and mute.

All others tabs move with the application you are mixing with. (which you can lock separately to Pro Tools.) If you want to have all the tabs and faders locked to monitoring, lock "entire surface" to the Xmon instead of "Control Room."

Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

I also think you are not getting it: lock Control Room. Not Entire Surface. On the Assign Tab.
That is if you want the faders, etc. to go with Pro Tools. Sounds like you are locking the Entire Surface.

Post a screenshot of your Assign tab in Eucontrol if you want more help. No other way to figure out what you are doing.

sjcollins92
06-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Thanks, That was it, i was locking everything, its working perfectly and thanks again