PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 monitor controller

Philharmonic7
06-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Hey folks!

Looking for a 5.1 monitor controller and was wondering if the S3 has that capability. I know if it has 6 outputs, but wanted to know if there's a dedicated master volume to control all the outputs. Thanks in advance!:-)

made
06-11-2017, 07:23 AM
not possible...
only 2x stereo plus headphones

Philharmonic7
06-11-2017, 08:33 AM
not possible...

Thanks for the input

IrelandM
06-13-2017, 12:31 AM
not possible...

Anyone explain how they set up the Avid S3 for multiple monitors or will I need an external monitor controller if more that one stereo pair of monitors are added into a audio system.

Regards

J-S-Q
06-13-2017, 03:39 AM
Anyone explain how they set up the Avid S3 for multiple monitors or will I need an external monitor controller if more that one stereo pair of monitors are added into a audio system.

Regards

Do you own an S3?

You can connect/control two pairs of monitors. Each one has a separate volume control and you can switch between the two.

However, if you are on Windows, it's not possible to connect to your computer via AVB. You will therefore have to use an audio input on the S3, which means your signal will go through an A/D - D/A conversion before you can use the monitor controller. For this reason, I don't use it myself.

IrelandM
06-14-2017, 02:49 AM
To J-S-Q

Yes I own an S3.

"You can connect/control two pairs of monitors. Each one has a separate volume control and you can switch between the two."

I am on a Mac with no AVB but would like to control single output levels for each monitor via the S3 to the front and rear monitors
can this be done any images on setting it up would be helpful.

Regards

J-S-Q
06-14-2017, 05:39 AM
If you press the PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons at the same time (they are at the top right of the S3), you will see the monitor control features displayed on the top row of knobs.

I've never actually used it myself but I presume you just connect each pair of monitors to the two stereo outs and connect a audio cables to the inputs (I believe you can have two different stereo inputs and switch between them on the S3).