PDA

View Full Version : moving markers or selectors independently with keyboard shortcuts

GuentherRuehmann
04-26-2017, 04:23 AM
hello, I am new in Pro Tools and I just explore the functions in recording and editing.
In a tutorial I read about methods of setting markers - I am not sure about the correct word "marker", maybe it is "selector"?
I recorded an audiotrack and played it back by pressing 0 on numpad. While playing back i pressed Arrow-Down to mark a start position and after some beats I pressed Arrow-Up to mark the end position. By pressing 0 on numpad I could play back the song by start to end marker.
Now I wanted to move the start and end marker by pressing plus or minus on numpad. This works. Then I wanted to move the start and end marker separately by pressing option on keyboard with plus or minus on numpad.
Or I tried CMD on keyboard with plus oder minus on numpad. This did not work. I tried with Shift additional, but it did not work, too. It looks like the keyboard keys were ignored completely. PT moved always both start and end markers simultaniously to left or right.
Can anyone help me ?

joachim
04-26-2017, 04:59 AM
"Marker" normally refers to Memory Locations. I think you mean "Selection Start/End" or "Selection Boudary".
You can nudge both seperately :
Nudge left selection boundary right/left by Nudge value = Option+Shift+Plus/Minus (+/–) keys
Nudge right selection boundary right/left by Nudge value = Command+Shift+Plus/Minus (+/–) keys

(+/- on the numpad)

GuentherRuehmann
04-26-2017, 05:43 AM
Hallo Joachim,
genau das habe ich tausendmal probiert. Die Shortcuts reagieren nicht in der gewünschten Art. es werden immer beide Positionen um einen Takt nach links (minus-Taste) oder rechts (plus-Taste) verschoben. Ich habe den Eindruck, dass die Kombination aus Keyboard-Tasten und Numpad nicht erkannt werden.
Gibt es für plus und minus im Numpad auch Entsprechende Tasten auf der Tastatur? Ich habe schon das Numpad ausgetauscht, hat aber nix geholfen.
Danke und Gruß
Günther

joachim
04-26-2017, 06:36 AM
Hallo Günther,
auf Englsch, damit andere vielleicht Hilfreiches mitbekommen.
Gruß,
Joachim

So you use a laptop with an external numpad ?
There is some talk about that here : http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390645
Has to do with the brand of the numpad and maybe additional software to "mate" the keyboard and the numpad.
And, by the way, welcome !