PDA

View Full Version : Playlists and Loop Recording

staticdeathnoise
04-23-2017, 03:32 AM
So I have recorded a bunch of takes in loop record mode without ticking the "automatically create new playlists when loop recording" option and as a result what I a left with is one single lane of recorded audio with alternate takes that can only be revealed by right clicking on the clip and manually selecting the alternate take that I want to listen to from a list of alternate takes. This is very difficult to work with is there any way that I can expand the alternate takes into their own playlist lanes? Thanks

JFreak
04-23-2017, 04:32 AM
Manually creating new playlists and dropping audio there?

Stig Eliassen
04-23-2017, 04:36 AM
You can also select the clip, right-click the clip and set match criteria to selection, and then expand alternates to either track or playlist.

staticdeathnoise
04-23-2017, 07:52 AM
...and then expand alternates to either track or playlist.

Ok thanks but how do I do that?

Also another weird things keep happening when I manually select the alternate takes and that is the clip just keeps adding extra takes that weren't there before and adding extra numbers to it so lets say I had a clip with 4 takes if when cycling through the alternate takes I click on the last one in the list for some reason it jumbles all the numbers and adds more takes to the list and I have no idea how to get rid of them and why they even happen. This is the strangest behaviour I have ever seen from a DAW. It also seems to offset my clip by some random amount and now the clip is late and any alternate take that I pick from it is also late. And I have no way of setting it to its original position without manually moving it.