PDA

View Full Version : Dock dosen t power down when switching down

clemens
06-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Got the Dock - firmware is uptodate √

problems with mounting in EUControl - strange - when powering down the unit
by switch - it goes offline in EUControl but soft keys STAY ILLUMINATED - when when switching on again - the unit dosen t initialize - no fader start up - soft keys are still illuminated - nothing happens - no Dock in EUControl.

NOW if I unplug the unit from electricity - no more lights of course - then reconnect to power and switch on - the unit initializes - starts up AND now Dock comes up in EU Control too ! Seems the unit freezes while powering down procedure

Without unplugging from electricity I can't get Dock back to live and mounted in EUControl

Any idea? Is there a hardware reset for Dock ?

software/hardware firmware uptodate PT 12.5 HDX OSX 10.10.5

Kyle Splittgerber
06-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Got the Dock - firmware is uptodate √

problems with mounting in EUControl - strange - when powering down the unit
by switch - it goes offline in EUControl but soft keys STAY ILLUMINATED - when when switching on again - the unit dosen t initialize - no fader start up - soft keys are still illuminated - nothing happens - no Dock in EUControl.

NOW if I unplug the unit from electricity - no more lights of course - then reconnect to power and switch on - the unit initializes - starts up AND now Dock comes up in EU Control too ! Seems the unit freezes while powering down procedure

Without unplugging from electricity I can't get Dock back to live and mounted in EUControl

Any idea? Is there a hardware reset for Dock ?

software/hardware firmware uptodate PT 12.5 HDX OSX 10.10.5

What is probably happening is that you are hitting a bug where disconnecting the Ethernet cable while the unit is powered on is crashing the Dock. You have to disconnect/reconnect power cable in the back to resolve the issue. Is that what's happening?

clemens
06-12-2016, 06:29 AM
Hy Kyle - could be this bug

but I have the same issue when staring up the studio -ethernet is connected via S3 - everything S3 /PTControl comes up, but no DOCK -after unplugging and replugging power cable Dock comes up in EUControl .

Do you have any hardware reset for the unit ?

Thanks clemens

johanvegna
06-13-2016, 02:45 PM
I have the same issue.
Things get stuck from time to time and I have to reset the Dock. But the only way is to unplug the cable, the switch does not work.

clemens
06-24-2016, 06:36 AM
I ve got it now :
power on studio -power up S3 - start up computer (now network between Mac and S3 is stable) - now power on dock (which is connected to S3) - start up ipad Control app - start up EUCON - start PT .

Never had this issue again ! ;-) Working great !!